Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold occurs in areas that offer the sources of fuel it needs. This is typically areas where there is some moisture & warmth. Here are some areas where you may find it & should be checked...
- Window sills – Be sure to look around the edges of the window & the glass itself.
- Refrigerator drip pans – There’s a small drip pan located under your refrigerator. Be sure to check for this. Pull it out & empty it routinely.
- Attics – It can be hard to pinpoint mold in the attic, but look for sources of moisture, such as a leak or an area where condensation is built up.
- Front-loading washing machines – This has become a common problem because the doors tend to remain closed, making it hard for these surfaces to dry out.
- Chimneys – Typically due to leaks, it is always a good idea to inspect your chimney for signs of mold damage.
- Air conditioners – Your air conditioner can be at risk both in the outdoor condensers and the indoor units.
- Under the sink – Look under each one of your sinks. Look for areas of discoloration on the cabinetry and the wall.
Do You Have Mold? Let Our Team Clean It Up
Mold is highly dangerous, even if it looks easy enough to clean up. It’s best to allow a professional handle it in order to minimize the risk of it becoming airborne. If you find mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Vigo County at 812-242-9611 for fast, reliable help.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (812) 242-9611
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Vigo County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (812) 242-9611
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Vigo County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: